Tuesday 11 June 2013

Site Test Results are in!

That was quicker then expected.  I got a call a couple of days ago from J.G King's Office and have been sent our site report.

This was where my heart stopped.

It's a P Class site.

I had to do sooooo much research into finding out what this would mean as we have an M class included in the quote.

Anyway. The Site Report test recommends an M Class Slab with re-enforced edge beams. I'm not really entirely sure what that entails but I've been reading up about nightmare stories where some sites have cost $50,000 extra!!!??? OUCH!

Friends of our recently moved into their newly build home in Jacksons View in Druin (Near Warragul).

They told me their report came back and they needed cut and fill, and a H2 class slab.  They got a whole heap of piers and some of them needed to go 9 Meters deep!!!  Their site costs and Slab added an extra $38,000 to their home!

Other Friends of ours built a double Story on a P class site and theirs came to $18,000.

I'm feeling a little easier as our soil test was terminated after 2000mm so no 9 meter deep Piers.  I also can't find where it says we need any piers for a concrete slab so I have my fingers crossed but am trying to not get my hopes up until AFTER we get the first draft of the contract. Also very little cut and fill if any will be needed so hope that keeps the costs down.

In the meantime, I sent J.G. King a copy of the controlled fill/compacting report for my block.  Let's hope it all comes back without exuberant costs added for the slab.

No comments:

Post a Comment