Thursday 17 April 2014

Driveway Started

I've been getting quotes for a few things over the last few weeks.  We need Blinds for our house, a driveway installed and I want a cleaner to come in and do a professional clean (after moving all our junk in with the collection of a thousand years worth of dust).

I got my final quote for the driveway on Friday last week. It usually takes up to 6 weeks to get the driveway done but as ours was a fairly large job, and the quotes I received were all very similar, I told the concreter it came down to how soon they could do the prep work, as when it rains there is nothing but mud everywhere.

A few days later, they started the prep work! The pouring will be done after the Anzac weekend but at least from today onward we will have gravel to walk on rather then mud.

We are installing a second concrete crossover and then putting in a horseshoe driveway and extending part way up the side of the garage in Exposed Aggregate. They were here yesterday doing a heap of excavation and prepping the crossover.



And then they were back here early this morning to finalise the crossover for the counsel inspection today:


Thankfully all was passed by the inspector and they will be pouring the crossover this afternoon, and hopefully finalising the prep work for the rest of the driveway.  I'll be sure to take more photo's once the day is over.

2 comments:

  1. Would you recommend them?? Who are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James,

    Yes I would recommend them. They ended up doing a great job. They are from 1300 Driveways.

    ReplyDelete