Tuesday 14 January 2014

Capping on, whirlybird installed!

It seems as though they managed to finish the roofing today. The rest of the panels were up and capping on, and they even installed my own little whirlybird... just for me! (Well not really for me, for the release of the heat in the roof - for those of you that might not know what they are for). They've left the railing up though so I'm not sure if that means they will be back tomorrow to finalise anything or if someone else is supposed to come to collect it.



I've also Booked a time for the home network cabling to be installed. We've ordered 3 Boxes of Cat6 Network Cable... over 900 Meters! Yikes! The Network Guru has estimated approx. 750 meters but I wouldn't mind having some leftovers. 750 meters you say?? yes I know, a bit of an overkill but I would like to have a fully networked house and besides, hardwired is always more stable then wireless. Mind you, I will also have wireless for everything else.

It's also another 40+ day tomorrow. In fact Thursday and Friday are too for that matter.  I'm really hoping this heatwave doesn't delay anything too much. I will most likely be out there again tomorrow but not really sure if anything would be getting done at all.  If there is, I'll be sure to post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment