Monday 13 January 2014

Roofing underway

Glad to see the roof has been started. I would say they have installed about 80% of it. Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow to see it completed (Hopefully), with all the capping on and what not.



As you can see from the above photos, we also have sarking and bats in with the roofing. This will help prevent leaks, and should help greatly with keeping the house cooler during summer, being a darker colourbond roof and all. 

Our bricks were also delivered so here's hoping they start laying them soon too. 




It was great to go out there today and have the roof overhead. It made everything feel completly different. It's also a 40+ Degree day tomorrow so I hope the crew don't rush the job to get out of the heat. I am sure to post again tomorrow, so long as I make it out there. 

4 comments:

  1. Plaster work: cornices, architraves & skirting boards all excellent. Cabinets were delivered yesterday & installed today - another excellent job. Acid wash happened today also maybe a good time being 45 today in Geelong. So far so good!! I hope the heat doesn't delay your brickwork too much. The Riant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the work is of such a good standard... hoping the same plasterers do my job as the framers came from out that way. Yikes to the 45 in Geelong.

    Went to the house today and found they had basically finished the roofing, apart from taking down the railings. I'm wondering if they are out their again tomorrow for some final touch ups? No brickwork yet but they have only just been delivered. Will do up another blog post but will have to wait as my phone went dead and I can't get the photo's.

    How long did it take them to get to the plastering once your roof went on? Just wondering what sort of timing to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brickwork took just over a week - there were hardly any mortar drips, everything was lined up etc. the plastering took much longer; understandable with only one plasterer! He took close to 3 weeks. He had the house lined and cornices up just before Christmas (he even worked on the weekend before it) and then it took nearly 2 weeks to hang doors, architraves, skirting boards, man hole, outside facia
    Today they were putting in the down pipes and I guess maybe the plumbing inside? Still no word on a PCI I'm predicting it should only take 6-8 weeks now as my house is now in the fitting stage.
    Remember to add extra time when calculating your times as you have a much bigger house than me.
    The Riant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Time frame. I would really love to be able to move in around Easter, if not before. I'll be taking 4 - 5 weeks off work then so it would be perfect timing for it all... The first movement on the block was the 17th November so I think they might be able to do it in 5 months to get my Easter move in... wont hold my breath though! :)

    ReplyDelete