Wednesday 19 February 2014

Painting almost ready.

It looks like all the skirting and walls have been finished and they have moved on to the other painting related jobs. The front door has it's first coat on, and the cement sheeting above the windows have been painted.






I'm not sure but think there is still a low sheen glossy finish to go on the front door which should make it look a lot nicer then it currently is. And they've also painted the render on the facade so I can now see what the colours look like. 


And lastly, the showers have been sealed ready for tiling!


Our site supivisor has said the tiling should be going on next week some time. I am looking forward to that because it's the first of the flooring. I'm ready to look at something other then the concrete slab!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephen,
    Things are coming along for you very nicely (and quickly)..bet your getting really exited now.
    Looks like you certainly added a few upgrades! Niche walls, eaves, C/B roof, tall doors etc. Must've added a fortune! One thing I overlooked was the bulkhead over the oven bench cupboards; quite spewing about it too! Ah well, you live and learn. I am thoroughly enjoying the blog so keep it up.
    I have been in my Memphis for nearly 4 months now, and haven't found anything substantial to put down on the 3 month maintenance report yet.
    One note: try to get your ceiling fans put on separate switches to the lights in the WC's; the standard exhaust fans are quite loud (unless you upgraded them too!).
    Good luck & keep the pics coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc, it is coming along quickly. Getting a little giddish now as the days go by.

      Yes we did choose a fair few upgrades for this home. We went to a display of the Memphis in the northern suburbs some time ago (before they closed it), which was the base model of the home with minimal upgrades in comparison to the full spec display in Cranbourne. Made me pay more attention to what I wanted. The Upgrades really do bring a different feel to the house.

      Glad to hear you've had nothing major to add to the report. I've been through our build so many times but everything has been done very well so I currently don't have any complaints. Plus anything that may have been an issue has been fixed up before hand anyway.

      We didn't upgrade the WC fans, and they've already wired the whole place (Short of having the switches installed) so I think it'll cost me to get this changed so late in the build. I think I'll leave it for now (gotta start to save money) but may do it at a later date if I find it annoying.

      Thanks for coming back and checking on the blog. I'm enjoying writing it as pretty much every day I go to the house, something more has been done. And I'm hoping to keep posting well after the build as we make improvements around the place. I can't afford everything up front but plan to do a lot of the work myself.

      Thanks for the post again.

      Delete