Thursday 20 March 2014

Quick update.

It seems so long since I've posted anything.  It hasn't really been that long but as per a previous comment, I thought I better provide an update.

We had our first inspection Friday last week. We went through the entire house room by room and pointed out any issues we spotted. Let me firstly say, there were no major issues anywhere in the house.  The overall quality was fantastic.

That being said, I think our house caught chicken pox by the time we had finished.  Our site supervisor had a roll of red dot stickers and stuck one, or two, or sometimes three on anything we pointed out.

The main things were scratches on a few walls or minor blotches in the paint. They also had to fill in the render where a small piece had chipped off - I think this was due to getting banged by a ladder. Like I said, nothing major. After that, they sent us the COO certificate and final invoice which we sent to the bank.

Now we are waiting for the bank to do their inspection and then hand us the bank check for our final inspection.  We figured we would be delayed mostly by the bank (Which is normal as they need to organise their inspection too) so we still are yet to find out when we can get the keys.  The good news is our Site Supervisor called today and let me know the inspector had contacted him and booked the inspection for tomorrow.  Once that is done, it's just a matter of days for the banks to Draw up the bank cheque and then the house is ours... Well the banks really until we pay out the loan.

In the meantime, I organised our NBN to be installed. They had sent me an SMS earlier in the week and organised the install of the equipment, which is also being installed tomorrow. That's one thing that I wont need to organise once we get our handover. It's all so close now.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Stephen, I hope all goes well for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a heap. I was really hoping to be able to move in this week but now it is looking to be Wednesday or Thursday next week. This is through no fault of the builder as we are now waiting on the bank.

      It's been 2 years coming so what's another few days to wait?


      At least we had the NBN installed yesterday. That should be all registered with our provider and running by Monday or Tuesday so I'm happy that I will have Internet when we move in... Not that I'll be using it straight away. I've got far to many things to do before I can relax. At least I've got 5 weeks holidays from now so I'm sure I'll find some time to kick back and relax.

      Delete
  2. Hi thanks for the review. i might be using JGK soon. So, you think their quality is ok and a small 3 bedrooms house can be completed in 16-24 weeks? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi erwin,

      I think their quality is fantastic. I have nothing to complain about at all. They did our house very quickly so it wouldn't surprise me if they could complete a 3 bedroom home in 16 weeks. Although you should allow for 26 weeks at least due to winter approaching. I think in their contract they have 8 months (34 - 35 weeks) - which is still ok I think.

      I would recommend JG King hands down with our experience. Everyone is different but I can not fault them so I will recommend them to anyone who is interested.

      Delete