Saturday 30 November 2013

Slab Party!!!

Someone told us some time ago that we should have a slab party once it's been poured. I will say, love the idea although it's not really something I'm in for at the current time. Any excuse to have a BBQ of course, but it's just too darn difficult to cart the BBQ down there... Let alone I'd be worried someone's gonna break the slab... Or trip over and hurt themselves! (I'm more worried about the slab!!!)

As you've probably guessed, yes, we have our slab! We went passed at around noon today. I was hoping to catch the concrete being poured but by the time we got there, they were beginning to smooth it all out and pack up. 



And of course, I wanted to see what it all looked like once they were finished so I called back about 3 hours later:









I must say, I'm very happy with the job (although I'll leave it up to the site supivisor and inspection team to check if there is anything wrong). 

Next step... It's the waiting game. As it's a steal frame, it has to be ordered (I'm guessing pre-fabricated too). Unlike wooden frames, these can't be easily cut to size and hammered together with nails on site, so we have to wait for a factory to do it for us. It's going to be some time before we see some movement again but at least I have my slab! I'm sure I'll post again before the framing starts but there won't be much to say until then. 





No comments:

Post a Comment